Friday 16 May 2014

Run-Sleep-Swim-Sleep-Swim-Sleep! *UPDATED*

Hi everyone...it's going to be a busy weekend starting today!

My School are holding their athletics day at Leicester's athletics stadium...this year, as last, I'll be running the 1500m. Last year I came second and I expect that I'll do the same this year as the 1st place runs for the county and trains as I do with my swimming so it'd be wrong of me to think I'm going for gold...I'm always up for a good race and to push myself though :)
Leicester's Saffron Lane Athletics Stadium
The sun is out, I've got plenty of drinks and they'll be an ice cream van there for when I NEED that ice-cream cone :)

After having a good sleep, my Dad and I will be taking a trip to the Corby International Swimming Pool for the Northampton Spring Open Meet. I still need a few regional qualifying times and I'm going to try my hardest to get them this weekend. The races are over the 2 days and are as follows:

 400m IM, 100m & 200m Backstroke, 100m & 200m Breaststroke and finally the 100m free
Corby International Swimming Pool
I'll let you know how I get on....I hope it's good news ;) Have a good weekend all....what ever you're up to


************UPDATED*************

I had a great 1.5k run and finished in first place...I set off a little too quick but managed to hold my lead and kicked hard with over 400m to go leaving 2nd place behind by over 50m...i'm very happy with that :)
I had a fairly bad couple of days at Corby, one's I've got to try and forget and move on from to be honest....onwards and upwards :)

No comments:

Post a Comment