Monday 14 July 2014

Midland Open Water Age Group Championships 2014

Hi all, on Sunday 13th july, I took part in the 1500m, regional (Midlands) Open Water Championships. I really enjoyed my swim, got a dirty face, swam well, was pulled by the ankles and shoulders but the vaseline that my dad applied before the race meant they just slipped straight off.

I came 7th in my age group and 8th overall. I think i'll be looking at more meets like this over the next season, it's only my 2nd attempt at open water and I'd like to step up to the 2000m or 3000m for my next swim as I felt I had plenty left and wasn't really sure on how to swim it, especially the hustle and bustle of the start!

I came home in a time of 18.25.08, with my 1500m time in a 50m pool at 18.08.52. I think next time i can go out harder and be more aggressive at the start but I'll put this one down to experience. The water temperature was 21.3deg. with an air temp of 18.4deg. 
Midlands Age Group Open Water Championship 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment