Wednesday 1 July 2015

I got the Student Voice Leadership Award!

Last night saw South Wigston High School have their annual awards evening where various
students won awards for top effort and excelling in different areas of school.

Our school puts huge emphasis on effort, it isn't always about winning, it isn't always about how many points you get, to us it's about the effort that you put in and it's about how you conduct yourself...these awards celebrate everything that's good about our school and it's awesome students and staff!

This year i've had the pleasure of being Head Student and all the duty's that includes. It's been interesting to be a part of the engine that makes the school run and although I was asked to stand again, i've decided to focus on my school work during the next GCSE year.

Last night I was presented with the Student Voice Leadership Award for my time as Head Student It was a great night and one that I was really pleased to be part of, we've got some seriously talented students.

South Wigston High School Awards Evening 2015
My Headmaster, Mr Toward, is retiring at the end of this term so there were a couple of surprises during the evening and it was great to see him speechless for a change.

He's supported me so much and his door was always open if I needed to talk about anything, we'll all miss him and wish him well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment